Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Future in Recording

(Source: www.propellerheads.se)


As a musician, I’ve used and tried more than handful audio-editing software’s, and in doing so I have my favorites. In 2004, I first started off using Cakewalk’s Home Studio, which was decent because it was my first program and I didn’t have anything else to base quality off of. The second one was Apple’s Logic Pro, which showed me audio editing at what I thought was elite, especially because of the one thousand dollar sticker it had, I knew it had to be good, right?Yes and no… There were more plug-in sounds and more effects but what I truly learned these past few years was that the quality is not all in the program itself, but rather in the individual. Once one learns the in-and-outs he can pretty much manipulate any sound he likes, which is the key to becoming a great audio engineer, knowing exactly what and how you want to hear something and knowing exactly how to achieve it. It’s been a few years since I’ve started my journey to becoming the musician I had wished to become and now I’m almost complete. I didn’t say that it was all COMPLETELY up to the musician, did I? Anyways, I’ve been using an economically priced sequencing program named Reason that renders sound by way of MIDI notes, which stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface. It’s where the data of the sound is manipulated, not the actual sound. Actual sound would use more of the computer’s CPU, this way I can have what sounds like an orchestra and my computer not crash or start skipping. The good thing is that this fall, the company that makes Reason, Propellerhead is releasing my dream-come-true software program that will allow me to edit actual audio for less than the price I’m paying for their current and flagship program. Record is recording software that gives musicians an unlimited amount of audio tracks, along with instrument effects and mixing. This is coming at the best time because I feel that I’m truly ready to start working with other artist and from me reviewing the product, I know I’m going to love it! I’ve been using this program since 2005 and I feel I can make any thing with it, so to give me more tools to work with, hats off to Propellerhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment