Sunday, July 26, 2009




Lance looks as if he was so close he could taste it. Taste the sweet victory once more by winning the Tour De France, something he’s achieved an astounding seven times. The look on his face as he stands next to Tour De France champion, Alberto Contador shows disappointment. This man, one of my hero’s has shown the world that he is human after all. I haven’t been following Mr. Armstrong for that long but what I do know is that from his accomplishments he’s been unstoppable and somewhat of a Superman in my eyes. This is the same man who defied cancer and kept it moving. Through adversity, he never gave up, never blinked. Lance is 37 years old and is still out there peddling next to men with more youth and physical stamina behind them. To me, that’s amazing. Why should we settle for what we think we are limited to, God gave us the power to do anything that we set our minds to.
What pushes a person to the limits? Why do some people accept what they’ve been taught and others excel beyond their circumstances? I’ve always desired to be better than where I’ve come from; I want to be greater than present self. Lance Armstrong may have come in third place but he will always be an inspiration in my eyes. He’s shown me that my vision determines how far I go, what sets my goals and where I’m headed. A lot of us subconsciously limit ourselves because we have been taught to. Our goals are common to our surroundings. Just knowing that I am what I think I am inspires me to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment